NASCAR driver Kyle Busch hospitalized with severe illness, out of Coca-Cola 600

sports motor sports

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has been hospitalized with a severe illness and will not compete in this weekend's Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. His family announced the news on Thursday via social media, stating that Busch is currently undergoing treatment. They have asked for understanding and privacy as the family navigates the situation.

Richard Childress Racing announced that Austin Hill, who drives the No. 21 for RCR in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Series, will take Busch's place in the No. 8 Chevrolet this weekend. RCR stated that Busch's health is their utmost priority and that he and his family have the full resources of the organization behind them. The team added that Busch is an integral part of the organization and they wish him a safe and speedy recovery.

The 41-year-old Las Vegas native is currently in his fourth season at Richard Childress Racing after previously winning titles with Joe Gibbs Racing. Busch ranks 24th in the Cup Series standings, having recorded two top-10 finishes in 12 races this season. He won championships in 2015 and 2019, and his most recent win occurred in 2023, marking his first victory with RCR.

NASCAR driver Busch hospitalized with 'severe illness,' will miss Coca-Cola 600

straitstimes.com

NASCAR driver Busch hospitalized with 'severe illness,' will miss Coca-Cola 600

reuters.com

NASCAR star Kyle Busch hospitalized with severe illness, family says

cbsnews.com

Busch (illness) hospitalized, out of Coca-Cola 600...

espn.com

2-time NASCAR champion Kyle Busch hospitalized with severe illness, family says

abcnews.com

Kyle Busch, a 2-time NASCAR champion, hospitalized with severe illness, family says

apnews.com